The Coccidioidomycosis Study Group was created in San Francisco, California on July 18, 1956. This group oversees conferences, annual meetings and research studies. Much of the documented knowledge of the pathogenesis, mycology and clinical aspects of Coccidioidomycosis originated from studies performed by this research group.
Mission and Objectives
The Mission is to study Coccidioidomycosis (Cocci) in order to promote the prevention and treatment of the disease.
This mission embraces the following objectives:
- To encourage innovation and progress in the field of Cocci prevention and treatment
- To encourage scientific research in Cocci and its impact on humans and other animals
- To establish and promote educational programs regarding the disease
- To provide unbiased evidence-based information regarding the disease
- To establish a forum and structure within which academic and clinical professionals in the U.S.A. and Canada are enabled to enhance academic Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Adopted as of April 09, 2016